Kansas City is a hotspot for nonprofit organizations, with almost 13,000 registered nonprofits existing in the Kansas City metro area (Nonprofit Connect). Despite those numbers, many individuals are identifying gaps not served by the current nonprofit community and want to start their own nonprofit. They've identified a need and defined their mission. . . but now what? How does one go about starting a nonprofit organization? That's where Mission Counsel and our Kansas City nonprofit attorneys can help. We offer nonprofit formation packages with transparent, flat fees so that our clients know exactly how much the process will cost.
NONPROFIT FORMATION SERVICES
At Mission Counsel, we help founders at every step of forming their nonprofit corporation and applying to the IRS for tax-exempt status. Our Nonprofit Formation Package is a comprehensive offering that takes most of the work out of your hands so that you can focus on building your organization, cultivating relationships with donors, and beginning the work of achieving your mission.
Our flat-rate Nonprofit Formation Package includes the following services:
- Advising on the tax-exempt nature of the organization's mission
- Drafting and filing Articles of Incorporation
- Obtaining a federal employer identification number (EIN)
- Drafting Bylaws
- Drafting Conflict of Interest Policy
- Drafting initial approvals of the Board of Directors
- Drafting and filing the Form 1023 Application for Tax Exemption with the IRS
- Responding to any inquiries from the IRS regarding the Form 1023* (this is the only part of the process that is billed on an hourly basis, albeit at a drastically discounted rate)
We know that your mission is important and we know that the legal process of starting your nonprofit organization can seem overwhelming, so let our Kansas City nonprofit attorneys take the legal load off your shoulders. Contact us to find out more.